Are you running away from carbonated drinks and you haven’t found lots of other substitutes? Then, a watermelon slushie is one drink you’ll love.
Watermelons are excellent in hydration, low in calories and very satisfying.
The drink is easy to prepare, best served chilled and is packed with vitamins needed for body maintenance.
- 2 cups diced watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2-3 matured dates (or more depending on your taste)
- 2 cups water
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Using a mesh strainer, separate the drink from the chaff.
- Leave in the refrigerator to freeze.
- When ready to serve, pulse using the blender.
Variation: Blend a few grapes to add an extra touch to the drink. Or add a few tablespoons of lemon juice for a sour taste that blends well with the watermelon’s sweetness.