Join in the celebration of the Mac Cheese day and kick-start your day with this healthy meal.
According to the Smithsonian records, the first mac‘n’cheese recipe was written in 1769, It origins is linked to Northern Europe. However, it became popular when American president, Thomas Jefferson had a taset of it during his visit to France. He returned with the recipe and that was it. It quickly became a favourite and was served at his state dinner.
To get a taste of this brilliant meal, get your saucepan and your tummy ready. By the way, it gets done in no time.
- Uncooked macaroni
- 2 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ½ cups, milk
- 1 cup, Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups, all-purpose
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- Melt margarine over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add flour, stirring it slowly
- Add milk, stir
- Reduce to low heat and add cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- Pour sauce over macaroni. Stir until it is properly covered
- Heat, in a saucepan, margarine. Add breadcrumbs
- Spread on macaroni
- Cover and bake 300 degrees for 35 minutes.